A couple of months ago I began digitizing my DVD collection and I quickly discovered one thing; it’s unbelievably time consuming! I’m a huge proponent of automation in general so, wherever possible, I used the concepts I’ve used to automate other things in my life to save me some time while ripping DVD’s. I actually rip all of my DVD’s twice. First, I use RipIt to create a bit-for-bit copy of the original disc. Next, I use handbrake to isolate and rip the individual title(s) from the disc. Those individual titles are then filed into the appropriate folders and ultimately indexed by Plex. One part of this process which I realized could be automated fairly easily is the conversion of the dvdmedia files (created by RipIt) to a standard ISO file.